The brain is an electrical system. Circadia delivers frequencies designed to modulate brain activity to help users manage stress, improve sleep, and sharpen focus.
Use the device once or twice twice a day for best results, 20 minutes after waking up, and again for 20 minutes before going to bed. Maintain a routine of daily usage for the best, fastest results.
The most important things to remember:
- Make sure your batteries are new and have not been used in another electronic device previously.
- Make sure the batteries are inserted to match the polarity indicated on the device. The polarity is indicated by the (+) and (-) signs on both the device and the batteries.
- Make sure the sponges are thoroughly wet before each use.
- Make sure the headband is on snugly while still comfortable.
- Make sure to move as much hair as possible out the way of the electrodes.
Download the instruction manual here.
Step 1: Electrode Preparation
- The scalp and hair must be clean before electrode application to minimize the risk of irritation caused by the electrodes.
- Soak the electrode sponges with tap water – the electrode hardware and wires are designed to get wet. You may run them under tap water or dunk them in a glass of water.
- Lightly squeeze out excess water, but make sure the sponges remain wet (not just slightly moist).
- The sponges will need to wet the scalp and any hair beneath them for the electrodes to work properly.
Step 2: Headband and Electrode Placement
- Place the velcro headband so that it sits above the eyebrows. Make sure it fits snugly.
- Slide the wet sponge electrodes beneath the headband, one above each sideburn on either side of the head. The bottom of the electrode should not be lower than the top of the ear. It doesn’t matter which side of the head the red or black wire electrode is placed.
- If you have long or thick hair, move it out of the way of the electrodes. A little water may drip down your face from the electrodes – but if water is running down your face or dripping down constantly, the sponges are too wet.
Step 3: Use the device for 20 minutes
- Turn the device ON by rotating the dial up (counterclockwise) - listen for the click.
- The green ON light should illuminate, and as you continue dialing, the yellow lights for Level 1 and Level 2 should illuminate. Start using the device at Level 2 daily for two weeks. If you do not experience relief within two weeks, you may increase to Level 3 or 4 for an additional two weeks before deciding whether to keep the device or return it for a refund.
- Most patients will not feel the frequencies at Level 2 – so long as the green and yellow lights are on, the device is functioning properly. Levels3 and 4 deliver a more noticeable sensation.
Completing your session
- After twenty (20) minutes, an audible beep will signal the end of the session, and the device will shut oﬀ automatically.
- After you hear the beep, rotate the dial down (clockwise) until you hear a click – this is the OFF position.
- Gently pull the electrodes out from the headband before removing the headband.
Storing the device
- For easy storage, you may wrap the electrode wires around the device and place it in the carry case.
- You may leave the electrodes hanging outside the case so the sponges can dry more easily.
- Sponges should be replaced every two weeks, or if they show signs of wear or discoloration. Extra sponges are included in the kit.
- If the green light does not illuminate, replace or readjust the batteries.
- If the yellow lights do not illuminate when the electrodes are on your head:
- Lightly press the electrodes against your head to expel more water
- Move any long hair out of the way of the electrodes
- Tighten the headband if it’s not fitting snugly
- Re-wet the sponges.
- If you are still having any difficulty, please reach out to our customer service team at (800) 692-4380 or chat with us online. We provide customer service seven days a week.